Buffalo Law Office
Andrews, Bernstein, Maranto & Nicotra, PLLC
420 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone: (716) 333-5525
Fax: (716) 847-1134
This brick mansion at 420 Franklin Street was built in 1877 at a cost of $10,000. The architect was Richard A. Waite, internationally renowned as a designer of residential and commercial buildings.
Built in French Second Empire style with ornate brickwork and a mansard roof, this was first home to Frank Hamlin and family, son of wealthy Buffalo businessman Cicero Jabez Hamlin, who then lived in the “Hamlin House” at 432 Franklin Street.
Later residents included a prominent doctor and businessmen, among them a family member of the Buffalo-based iron foundry Pratt & Letchworth and Letchworth State Park fame.
From the Depression-era onward, this home was utilized as a 15 to 18 unit rooming house, the offices of radio station WBLK, and law offices.
The law firm of Andrews, Bernstein, Maranto & Nicotra, PLLC is proud to bring its law offices to this Allentown Historic District home. We are committed to maintain the beauty of the building and to celebrate its place in Buffalo architecture and history.