Buffalo Personal Injury Attorney Discusses a Successful Case Against the NFTA
As an experienced Buffalo Personal Injury Attorney I had the pleasure to represent a client who was injured by a negligent bus driver.
- This was a jury trial in the New York State Supreme Court against the NFTA.
- The bus driver was distracted by an accident. Our client was in the process of showing her bus pass to the driver; when the bus’s brakes were slammed, our client was injured.
- The NFTA said their driver was not responsible but we rebutted that the driver should have been aware of their surroundings.
- We were offered $20,000 but rejected it and went to trial.
- The jury found the bus driver fully responsible and our client received $150,000.
Have you been injured on a bus or public transportation system? Contact experienced Buffalo Personal Injury Attorney Robert Maranto to fight for you.