Buffalo Bus Accident Lawyers
Experience You and Your Family Can Depend On
If you have been injured in a bus accident, we want to help. Our Buffalo bus accident lawyers can help you get the maximum compensation for your injuries. Call now for a FREE case review.
Being involved in a bus accident – whether as a passenger, pedestrian, or driver of another vehicle – is one of the scariest vehicle accidents to be involved in. After an accident, you’re likely in shock, scared, and unsure of who to trust. Our Buffalo bus accident lawyers can help.
Bus operators have a responsibility to protect their passengers, pedestrians and fellow motorists on the road. Whether it be a city bus, charter bus, or party bus, your bus driver’s top priority is keeping you safe and adhering the rules of the road.
Unfortunately, bus accidents are all too common. For those involved in an accident, it can be one of the most terrifying, traumatic, and life-threatening types of motor vehicle accidents.
Have you been involved in a bus accident in the Buffalo, NY area? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Our Buffalo bus accident lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We have extensive experience in bus accident and personal injury law. And our legal team is well equipped to help you fight insurance companies, bus company legal departments, and your own insurer for the financial help you need to recover.
Call today for a free, 100% no obligation case evaluation with one of our bus accident attorneys.
Common Types of Bus Accidents
The Buffalo area is home to numerous bus operators. Tour buses, charter buses, party buses, and city buses all operate in the city, and thousands rely on these operators for safe transportation. In general, there are three ways you can be involved in a bus accident:
- As a Passenger – Bus operators must properly maintain their vehicles and ensure the safety of their guests. If a bus operator caused an accident that you were injured in, you may be entitled to compensation. Common causes include: Reckless or impaired driving, unsafe bus/equipment conditions, and operator error.
- As a Driver – Being involved in an accident with a bus is traumatic and potentially life-threatening. Other motorists often suffer significant injuries and property damage after colliding with a bus. Contact a personal injury lawyer right away if you or a loved one has been hurt in a bus accident.
- As a Pedestrian – Pedestrians and cyclists are often involved in bus accidents, and these accidents have life-altering consequences for victims. If a bus operator’s negligence caused your accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
How Our Buffalo Bus Accident Lawyers Can Help
After a bus accident, you likely don’t know who to trust. You may hear from the bus company’s insurer or legal department. Bus operators are typically protected by multi-million dollar insurance policies and well-heeled legal departments. Both their insurers and lawyers may be aggressive with you, bullying you into accepting an unfair settlement.
Similarly, your own insurer may also be unreceptive to your need for financial compensation. They may delay or outright deny your claims, push you to accepting a low-ball offer, or even ignore you. That’s unacceptable.
After an accident, you are rightfully entitled to compensation. And that’s how a personal injury attorney can help.
When you hire one of our Buffalo bus accident lawyers, you’re protected from this unfair behavior. Your attorney fights against unfair settlement offers, they push insurers to pay claims, and help you seek the maximum compensation for your injuries. After an accident, your primary focus should be on recovery – not fighting with insurers and lawyers.
Compensation for Bus Accident Victims
Victims of bus accidents face many new challenges. Medical bills and lost wages add up, putting financial stress on victims. Physically, a victim may be suffering from physical and emotional pain, stress, and may even face long-term disability. And emotionally, victims may experience grief, psychological distress, and PTSD.
If you’ve been involved in an accident, you are entitled to compensation for all of the physical, emotional, and financial costs associated with your accident. Your lawyer can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical treatment, equipment, rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium or normal life
- Long-term disability
Beyond these so-called compensatory damages, you may be entitled to punitive damages as well.
Punitive damages are a form of financial punishment that are levied against bus operators who were grossly negligent or acting with malice. This type of compensation is awarded to victims by a jury, after the case goes to trial. Ultimately, a qualified attorney can help you pursue any and all sources of compensation for your injuries.
What to Do After a Bus Accident
After an accident, you’ll likely be in shock – emotionally and physically. You’ll likely be unsure of your next steps. In the immediate aftermath of an accident, here are a few key ways to respond:
- Seek Medical Attention – Your safety matters most. After an accident, seek medical help immediately. If you are unable to call 911, the bus operator or witnesses are responsible for calling paramedics. If you are in harm’s way, move to a safe location near the accident scene.
- Call Police – No matter the severity of an accident, be sure you contact law enforcement. This is the operator’s responsibility if you are a passenger. Police officers may ask you for details about the accident. If you were involved as another driver, DO NOT admit fault. Admitting fault – even if you were inaccurate – can harm your case.
- Document Injuries and Evidence – If you are able to, take photos and video of the accident scene, and any injuries that you have. Note any areas of pain as well. If you were operating a vehicle, take photos of the damage, and collect witness contact information as well.
- Do Not Admit Fault – At the scene, with your insurer and with the bus company’s insurer/legal department, do not admit fault. You may not fully understand traffic laws or who had the right of way. Admitting fault will hurt your case. Prior to chatting with insurers, contact a qualified bus accident lawyer.
- Seek Legal Advice – Our Buffalo bus accident lawyers have deep knowledge of local bus and traffic laws. We can help protect you from aggressive behavior, help you file claims and seek compensation, and ensure that you are fully compensated for your injuries. After an accident, seek legal advice as soon as possible.
Get A Free Case Review Today
If you’ve been involved in an accident, we want to help. Our Buffalo bus accident lawyers can help you protect your rights, file and seek compensation, and defend you against aggressive behavior and unfair offers.
Call now for a free, 100% no obligation case evaluation. We’ll provide advice, and you are under no requirement to hire our legal team.
src in org: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/RAJc1cQ_i2w?wmode=transparent&rel=0&feature=oembed
src in mod: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/RAJc1cQ_i2w?wmode=transparent&rel=0
src gen org: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/RAJc1cQ_i2w