Buffalo Truck Accident Lawyers
Protecting Your Rights After an Injury
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, we want to help. Our Buffalo truck accident lawyers have the experience to get you the compensation you deserve. Call now for a free case review.
Being involved in a truck accident is one of the most traumatic and potentially life-threatening experiences a motorist can face. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you’re likely scared, in pain, and unsure of who to trust. Our Buffalo truck accident lawyers want to help.
Commercial truck accidents are one of the most serious types of motor vehicle accidents. Truck accidents result in almost 4,000 deaths each year and unfortunately, this type of accident is on the rise.
For victims, an accident like this can be serious and potentially life-threatening. Being struck by a 40-ton semi-truck can cause serious injuries and have long-lasting, life-altering consequences.
Our Buffalo truck accident lawyers have the experience you need to fight for a fair settlement and receive the maximum compensation for your injuries. Our experienced team has helped numerous victims recover compensation after an accident. Right now, your focus should be on recovery – not fighting with insurers or lawyers. We can help.
Call today for a free case evaluation to learn more about your rights and legal options.
Hiring Our Buffalo Truck Accident Lawyers
After a truck accident, you’re likely scared, in immense pain, and unsure of how you will pay for medical treatment. An accident like this can turn your life upside down.
You may also begin to hear from lawyers from the trucking company and the company’s insurers. They may be aggressive with you as they seek details about the accident. Unfortunately, these people don’t care about you or your health. They’re looking for ways to undermine your case, and might even make low-ball, undervalued compensation offers.
This is unacceptable. Your focus should be on recovery. Not answering calls from badgering lawyers.
That’s how one of our Buffalo truck accident lawyers can help. Our legal team will defend you against this aggressive behavior. We will investigate your accident, and determine its cause. We will help you build a strong case that leads to maximum compensation. Our legal team will help you in many ways, including:
- Reconstructing the scene of the accident
- Collecting black box data
- Working with traffic/police investigators
- Investigating FMCSR and other industry violations
- Determining what driver safety laws were violated
- Filing claims on your behalf, and
- Filing lawsuits on your behalf
Ultimately, our mission is to aggressively defend your rights, manage the entire legal process for you, and help you and your family fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Causes of Truck Accidents
The trucking industry is heavily regulated to ensure safety. Unfortunately, companies and drivers often skirt regulations to spend more time on the road. That negligence puts other motorists in harm’s way. A few common causes of accidents include:
- Tired or overworked drivers
- Impaired driving by drugs/alcohol
- Improper equipment safety
- Insufficient driver training
- Driver error, unsafe lane changes
- Not taking proper safety precautions
When you hire our personal injury lawyers, our legal team works tirelessly to prove negligence. We can help you build a case against this unsafe behavior and prove it in a court of law.
Protecting Victims Against Insurers and Legal Departments
Nearly every commercial trucking company is backed by large legal departments and multi-million dollar insurance policies. Their lawyers aggressively protect the bottom line at the expense of victims.
Aggressive behavior and bullying is common. These companies hound victims for information, delay or ignore claims requests, and even deny claims outright.
Unfortunately, the same is true of your own insurance company. Your own insurer is also concerned with the bottom line, and although you are their client, they may deny, ignore, or delay your claim to rightful compensation.
This is a top reason to hire an experienced truck accident attorney. Your attorney takes over any of these discussions – you forward all calls to your lawyer – and that saves you from the headache. If you’ve been involved in an accident, we recommend contacting a lawyer as soon as possible. Trucking companies are notorious for fighting victims. An attorney defends you against this nasty behavior.
Type of Compensation Available to Victims
After an accident, victims face numerous financial, emotional, and physical challenges. Mounting medical bills, the costs of rehabilitation, lost wages, and lasting psychological distress can all make life more stressful.
Victims are entitled to compensation for any and all costs related to their accident. This includes short-term medical costs, as well as lasting costs associated with injuries, pain, and property damage. These compensatory damages can help reimburse you for:
- Medical bills and on-going treatment
- Lost wages and lost future earnings
- Loss of normal life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Relationship strife, and
- Disability and disfigurement
In addition, you may be entitled to punitive damages. This type of compensation is used as financial punishment. It is awarded by a jury if your case goes to trial. This would be on top of any compensatory damages you are owed. Your attorney’s job is to fight for any and all compensation available to you, including punitive damages if they’re applicable to your case.
What to Do After A Truck Accident
In the immediate aftermath of an accident, you’ll likely be in shock, scared, and unsure of what to do next. You may be fighting for your life. There are steps you can take after an accident to protect your safety and your case. We recommend following these key steps:
- Seek Medical Care – Call 911 immediately and receive medical attention. Your safety and the safety of your passengers is the top concern. If you’re unable to call 911, witnesses or other motorists should call for you.
- Contact Police – Even if you were unharmed, it’s important to call police and file a report. When police arrive, provide any details you can about the accident, but DO NOT admit fault. You may falsely implicate yourself, if you’re unsure of the local laws and traffic regulations.
- Collect Evidence – If you are able to, take photos and videos of the scene. Note any damage to your vehicle, injuries to yourself, and collect the contact information of witnesses. If you’re unable to, your attorney will work to reconstruct the scene and contact witnesses.
- Do NOT Admit Fault – You may hear from the trucking company’s lawyers and insurers. You’re not obligated to speak with them. If you do, do not admit fault. This can harm your case and make recovering compensation more difficult. We recommend talking with an attorney before you talk to anyone about your case.
- Contact an Experienced Attorney – After an accident, you will feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. Your attorney manages this entire process, allowing you to focus on your recovery. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the better.
Request a Free Case Evaluation
If you’ve been involved in an accident, we want to help. Our Buffalo truck accident lawyers have extensive experience with these types of cases. We understand the laws, and can help you build a strong case to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries. Call now for a free case evaluation. We offer 100% free, no obligation advice.