Bike Hit by Truck


I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and had X-rays taken. There were no fractures so I was released and given pain and swelling medication, but my ribs and back are still hurting. I was released to go back to work on the 14th. I would like to get compensated for the ambulance, hospital, and loss of work plus time, pain and suffering.  Can I sue?

Download Our Free Auto Accident Guide


The insurance company for the truck that struck the cyclist is responsible to pay lost wages, all related medical benefits, and miscellaneous expenses such as mileage reimbursement.  Compensation beyond the basic No Fault benefits requires that the cyclist’s injuries rise to a certain level, called ‘threshold injury’ or ‘serious injury’ as defined by law.

That person should contact an attorney immediately.

This legal question was provided by Avvo and answered by Richard Nicotra an experienced Buffalo, NY Personal Injury Lawyer.  This does not consent an attorney client relationship.

Download Our Free Auto Accident Guide