- These situations depend on the timing of the accident, and on how severe the weather was at the time of the injury
- If the snow stops falling for long enough for the store owner to clear and salt the sidewalks, that exception will fade away
- Has the property owner had enough time to properly address the situation?
- Once the snow clearing has begun, a sheet of ice may be left underneath the clearing
- It may be argued that the snow was a safer alternative than ice
- Each case is specific to facts and timing of the situation
This short informational video blog was provided by Buffalo Slip and Fall Attorney – Richard Nicotra