Do you have questions about the recovery process after an injury? Check out these 4 common medical treatment questions, then call our lawyers.
1. If I’m seriously injured in an auto accident, how can my chiropractor help?
- Chiropractors cannot provide medication to their patients, but do manipulations of their spines and necks
- The vertebrae can be shifted out of place after an accident, so a chiropractor will try to re-align them
- Chiropractors also take pressure off of nerves and muscles in the spine so the body can heal itself
2. What is important to know about CAT Scans?
- CAT Scans are multiple x-rays used with the assistance of a computer to easily find damages and deformities in hard tissue areas of the body
- You are exposed to a little more radiation in a CAT Scan, but the images are much more detailed and clear, especially when looking for hairline fractures
3. How can a neurologist help with your personal injury case?
- Neurologists assist with nerve damage, and assist individuals with migraine type of headaches
- Neurologists treat patients with therapy, medication, and injections
- They treat medically, not surgically, for individuals with distinct pain in their arms, hands, legs, and toes
- Their main goal is to relieve and control these symptoms so individuals can live a normal lifestyle
4. What is important to know about physical therapy and your personal injury?
Physical therapy is an extremely important part of rehabilitation, and often requires ongoing regular treatment. The goal of physical therapy is to return you to full strength and movement, while managing and mitigating your pain. A physical therapist also helps document your injuries, and progress throughout the rehabilitation process.
- Physical therapy can take place before surgery and after surgery.
- Physical therapists try to strengthen the muscles in the injured area of the individual’s body.
- By continuously moving the injured area, the body will naturally heal itself and build strength and mobility.
- Individuals do multiple sessions of physical therapy so that the patient does not require additional surgery.
Often times, clients come to our office after suffering an injury and have questions about the recovery process. After reading the answers to our 4 common medical treatment questions, contact our Buffalo Injury Lawyers for a free consultation and case evaluation to get started on your claim.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel