Have you or a loved one been hurt in a watercraft accident in Buffalo? Check out these 4 helpful boat accident tips and give our office a call.
1) Statute of Limitations on Watercraft Accidents
- Because New York State’s statute of limitations is not affected by what the injured party may have been riding or driving, boating injuries are considered general negligence and subject to a three-year statute of limitations.
- Regardless of the time allowed to bring suit, the case’s most important elements are often established through early investigation, which includes interviews and fact sharing with your attorney.
2) Injuries that Can Occur During Boating Accidents
As a Buffalo Boat Accident Lawyer I am often asked about injuries that occur during watercraft injuries. During a boating accident we can often see bumps and bruises along with traumatic head injuries because people can be tossed around very easily. As a Buffalo Boat Accident Lawyer I advise clients that a boating injury can be much more serious than a car accident.
3) Common Causes of Boating Injuries and Fatalities
Most of the time, these accidents aren’t accidents at all, we have seen boaters consume alcohol or increase their speed beyond what is reasonable. I advise clients as a Buffalo Boat Accident Attorney that these drivers are acting recklessly and this can cause a great hazard.
4) Boating Accident Liability
We get calls from people that have boating accident injuries and some of their first questions are, “Who is responsible?”, “Who’s liable?”, “Who shares fault for it?” Typically, what we look to see is who the boat owner is and who the boat operator is. Both of those people have direct responsibility for any accidents that occur due to the negligence of the operator.
Also, if the boat was rented and the rental company did not properly vet who will be driving it; give proper instructions, proper warnings, and that played a part, then they would also share liability. Really, the analysis that we do initially is to look for any and all players or people that might have some fault in the actual happening of the accident.
Were you severely injured while on a boat or watercraft? After checking out these 4 helpful boat accident tips, contact Buffalo Boat Accident Lawyer Richard Nicotra for guidance.
Like us on Facebook