How does a general practitioner help if you get hurt? Read these 5 common questions about medical treatment, then call our Buffalo attorneys.
1) If I’m seriously injured in an auto accident, how can my chiropractor help?
- Chiropractors cannot provide medication to their patients, but do manipulations of their spines and necks
- The vertebrae can be shifted out of place after an accident, so a chiropractor will try to re-align them
- Chiropractors also take pressure off of nerves and muscles in the spine so the body can heal itself
2) What is important to know about CAT Scans?
- CAT Scans are multiple x-rays used with the assistance of a computer to easily find damages and deformities in hard tissue areas of the body
- You are exposed to a little more radiation in a CAT Scan, but the images are much more detailed and clear, especially when looking for hairline fractures
3) How can a neurologist help with your personal injury case?
- Neurologists assist with nerve damage, and assist individuals with migraine type of headaches
- Neurologists treat patients with therapy, medication, and injections
- They treat medically, not surgically, for individuals with distinct pain in their arms, hands, legs, and toes
- Their main goal is to relieve and control these symptoms so individuals can live a normal lifestyle
4) What is important to know about physical therapy and your personal injury?
- Physical therapy can take place before surgery and after surgery.
- Physical therapists try to strengthen the muscles in the injured area of the individual’s body.
- By continuously moving the injured area, the body will naturally heal itself and build strength and mobility.
- Individuals do multiple sessions of physical therapy so that the patient does not require additional surgery.
5) How does a general practitioner help when you sustain a serious injury?
- The No Fault System is geared against individuals who are injured.
- It is important to have a specialist that is familiar with the No Fault System.
- It is crucial to find out what is wrong with you before a doctor provided by your insurance company tells you that you no longer require treatment.
How does a general practitioner help if you get seriously injured? After checking out these 5 common questions about medical treatment, contact our dedicated and experienced Buffalo Personal Injury Attorneys to schedule your free confidential consultation and legal case evaluation immediately. Don’t settle for less, let us fight for you!
Like us on Facebook