Were you hurt and worried about medical bills? It’s time to start looking into the nitty gritty of medical treatment. Call our attorneys now.
What is a Discogram?
- A discogram is a tool used by orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons to determine the seriousness of a disk injury
- MRI’s may not show all changes and injuries, such as an annular tears
- The doctor will take a needle, place it inside of the disk, inject a dye, then give the patient a CT Scan
- The CT Scan will highlight the dye that has been injected, and the doctor can see any changes or movements of body tissue that the MRI did not pick up
X-rays & your Personal Injury Case
- X-Rays are done to determine whether or not any bones have been broken
- It is a limited tool because it does not show tissue, disk, ligament, or tendon damage
- Most back, knee, and shoulder injuries are not because of broken bones
- X-Rays should not be used as the final diagnosis
What Can I Expect at the Emergency Room?
- A patient should expect x-rays, although these do not show all injuries
- The doctor will tell you to follow up with your primary doctor
- The doctor may prescribe medication to keep you comfortable until you are able to see your doctor
- You may also be told to follow up with a specialist to have a specific diagnosis done
What is a Pain Management Doctor?
- They work alongside with chiropractors, primary doctors, and specialists
- Pain management doctors will provide medications to get through the hardest rounds of therapy
- Epidurals are also done to reduce any swelling, while decreasing pain levels, in order to get to the source of the problem
- Spine simulators can be used to distract the body from any pain being experienced
Have you been severely injured and have questions about looking into the nitty gritty of medical treatment? Contact our dedicated and experienced Buffalo Personal Injury Attorneys to schedule your free confidential consultation and legal case evaluation to get started on your claim. We can help you understand your rights and receive the compensation you deserve!
Like us on Facebook