Has your loved one experienced nursing home negligence? Check out these 4 nursing home negligence questions and contact our office today for a free consultation.
1. What should people do to document nursing home injuries?
- Evidence should be collected quickly, considering that elders don’t have the best memory skills
- Use your cell phone for pictures, to keep track dates and times, and to record lucid moments
- You want to capture any evidence that you can for the sake of your loved ones
2. What should you do if you suspect nursing home neglect?
- Take action if you suspect any nursing home neglect
- Don’t lose an opportunity to document what is or what you may think is happening
- Advice the nursing home of your concerns in writing, so that there is a record on hand
- An investigation may be done, and you will be provided with results
- The nursing home should behave carefully when they know that they are being looked at closely
3. What are some signs of nursing home neglect?
- Neglect can be as obvious as bruising and malnutrition
- Neglect can also be as less obvious as bed sores, and the resident being silent from mental abuse
- Family and friends can search for these signs to determine the quality of the care
- If your loved one cannot communicate with you, search for unspoken signs of neglect
4. What is important to know about nursing home injuries?
- Nursing Home Injuries are a result of neglect and abuse
- It is important to know nursing home laws, how to document neglect and abuse, who to report it to, and what to expect after consulting an attorney
- Nursing home residents have raised and supported us, and are now at a point where they need quality care
Do you or someone you know have a loved one that has experienced nursing home abuse? After reading these 4 nursing home negligence questions, call our Buffalo Nursing Home Negligence Attorneys today for a free legal consultation.
Like us on Facebook