Buffalo Construction Accident Attorney Explains What to Do if a Family Member was Killed on the Job
As an experienced Buffalo Construction Accident Attorney, I am often asked what to do if a family member was killed on the job.
- A client whose loved one has been killed at a construction site wants to know whether they can still bring a claim and, if so, how it is done. The first step is setting up an estate, establishing an entity to pursue the deceased person’s claim.
- Because New York State’s wrongful death statute of limitations is only two years, it is wise to consult an attorney and initiate the investigation as soon as possible.
- Most of the work of setting up a simple, small estate can be done here. More complicated cases are shared with other law firms who handle the estate creation.
- Investigation involves looking into all general contractors, project developers, or subcontractors who may have contributed to the situation.
- We also gather proof of economic losses caused by the loss of the deceased person because, in a New York State wrongful death claim, that’s an important factor.
Was a loved one killed while working at a construction site? Contact Buffalo Construction Accident Attorney Richard Nicotra to fight for your family.
never settle for less | find out what your case is worth
schedule your free consultation today
I was offered 0 on a low impact accident. After long litigation I was offered 100,000 which mr maranto rejected. I ended up with 235,000. I would definately use this firm again.
So far, so good! This law office appears to have it's stuff together. And I like the fact that they don't have to advertise like the the the other 2 law firms with the 444444 and the 888888 numbers which tells me they get a lot of word of mouth advertising..the best kind. Also I called one of the 444 and/or 888 numbers and the attorney was very short and rude. After my case I will do a follow up to let you all know how my complete experience was.
Nicotra is very personable, patient and empathetic with his clients. He’s upfront with you and he explains the entire process with you, he never leads you to believe otherwise, he tells you like it is and he will not sell you a million dollar dream. Trust in Nicotra, he works for you and he looks out for your best interest.