When you are selecting an attorney to help you with your personal injury case, there are certain things that you should do.
Often times in the attorney client interview, the focus is on a client. I think the focus should be more on the attorney.
When somebody brings you a stack of papers to sign, you should ask them questions.
Attorneys will start by asking you questions like:
- “Where was the accident?”
- “What hurts you?”
- “What have you done about it?”
- “Where do you work?”
Anyone can do that. You need to look them back in the eye and ask them some critical questions, like:
- “When was the last time you picked a jury?”
- “What was your last verdict?”
- “What was your biggest verdict?”
- “Your results for people who have been in my situation”.
Before you hire an attorney, before you sign a retainer, before you do anything, you should use the attorney client interview to interview that attorney.