If I am injured in car in New York, how does lost wage reimbursement work?
- Wage reimbursement is tax-free, and is not reported on your annual tax report
- If disabled, your paralegal and doctor will assist in filling out and providing disability notes
- No fault wages are good for up to 3 years, and will provide income while recovering from injuries
- You receive partial payment of wages in first 26 weeks of disability, then receive the full 80% check once no fault insurance kicks into play
- Lost wage applies to self-employed, but is trickier to handle because more proof of tax paperwork is required
Download Our Free Auto Accident Guide
This short informational legal video was provided by Richard Nicotra, an experienced Buffalo New York injury lawyer