What Are The First Things I Should Do If I Get In An Auto Accident?
- Stay calm, assess the situation, and make sure nobody is seriously injured
- Is your vehicle in a safe location? If safe to do so, move vehicle into a safe location
- Take photos of accident scene, if possible, while waiting for the police to arrive
- A police report should be made and kept if damage exceeds $1000, or if there are any injuries
- Both parties should keep insurance and vehicle registration information within reach
- Get a story and information any witnesses that may stop at the scene under the circumstances that one of the vehicle drivers changes their story after the occurrence
- Record if the driver admits to fault or apologizes because they could deny it in court
- Ask for an ambulance, along with police assistance, if needed because insurance will cover these bills
- Wait for the police, ask for the report, and review it for any errors
- You do not need to speak with either insurance company after the accident, but it is smart to speak with an attorney immediately
never settle for less | find out what your case is worth
schedule your free consultation today
I was offered 0 on a low impact accident. After long litigation I was offered 100,000 which mr maranto rejected. I ended up with 235,000. I would definately use this firm again.
So far, so good! This law office appears to have it's stuff together. And I like the fact that they don't have to advertise like the the the other 2 law firms with the 444444 and the 888888 numbers which tells me they get a lot of word of mouth advertising..the best kind. Also I called one of the 444 and/or 888 numbers and the attorney was very short and rude. After my case I will do a follow up to let you all know how my complete experience was.
Nicotra is very personable, patient and empathetic with his clients. He’s upfront with you and he explains the entire process with you, he never leads you to believe otherwise, he tells you like it is and he will not sell you a million dollar dream. Trust in Nicotra, he works for you and he looks out for your best interest.