Did you lose a love and want to know what to do if a family member was killed a construction accident? Contact Buffalo Construction Accident Attorney Richard Nicotra to fight for your family.
As an experienced Buffalo Construction Accident Attorney, I am often asked what to do if a family member was killed in a construction accident.
- A client whose loved one has been killed at a construction site wants to know whether they can still bring a claim and, if so, how it is done. The first step is setting up an estate, establishing an entity to pursue the deceased person’s claim.
- Because New York State’s wrongful death statute of limitations is only two years, it is wise to consult an attorney and initiate the investigation as soon as possible.
- Most of the work of setting up a simple, small estate can be done here. More complicated cases are shared with other law firms who handle the estate creation.
- Investigation involves looking into all general contractors, project developers, or subcontractors who may have contributed to the situation.
- We also gather proof of economic losses caused by the loss of the deceased person because, in a New York State wrongful death claim, that’s an important factor.