Did you put your trust in a facility and staff to provide care and they have failed? Check out these 4 nursing home abuse tips, then call us!
1) What should people do to document nursing home injuries?
- Evidence should be collected quickly, considering that elders don’t have the best memory skills
- Use your cell phone for pictures, to keep track dates and times, and to record lucid moments
- You want to capture any evidence that you can for the sake of your loved ones
2) What should you do if you suspect nursing home neglect?
- Take action if you suspect any nursing home neglect
- Don’t lose an opportunity to document what is or what you may think is happening
- Advice the nursing home of your concerns in writing, so that there is a record on hand
- An investigation may be done, and you will be provided with results
- The nursing home should behave carefully when they know that they are being looked at closely
3) What are some signs of nursing home neglect?
- Neglect can be as obvious as bruising and malnutrition
- Neglect can also be as less obvious as bed sores, and the resident being silent from mental abuse
- Family and friends can search for these signs to determine the quality of the care
- If your loved one cannot communicate with you, search for unspoken signs of neglect
4) What is important to know about nursing home injuries?
- Nursing Home Injuries are a result of neglect and abuse
- It is important to know nursing home laws, how to document neglect and abuse, who to report it to, and what to expect after consulting an attorney
- Nursing home residents have raised and supported us, and are now at a point where they need quality care
Not being able to take care of an aging loved one is hard. You have trusted a facility and its staff to provide care over them and they have failed. Check out these 4 nursing home abuse tips, then contact our Andrews, Bernstein, Maranto & Nicotra, PLLC to help residents protect the ones they love from neglect and abuse. Let our injury attorneys in Buffalo, NY fight for you. We offer free consultations at both of our Western NY offices.
Like us on Facebook